Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Tides Truly Have Turned

I am trying to remain classy while watching the slow motion train wreck known as Auburn football take place, but t is difficult to not enjoy just slightly after the last six years. There are many lessons we can learn from the meltdown Auburn has been experiencing for the past two weeks, but the main lesson I have learned is: What goes around comes around.

Tommy Tubberville made a career off picking on a struggling Alabama program. The years became more frustrating with the more fingers he would hold up. "Year of the Thumb," remember that Auburn. How classless could one coach be. Tubberville's true self shined after losing to Alabama once and quitting. I can not think of something more immature. It reminds me of when I would quit playing checkers with my brother just as I knew I was about to lose.

I will never forget the tough times Alabama has experienced over the past 10 years, and I am sure Auburn fans will not forget the best six years in the programs history which consist of one SEC Championship and ZERO NATIONAL TITLES. As I write this, I feel the urge to laugh like a mad scientist.

While Auburn has had five recruit de-commit with a week, Alabama received notification of their 20th commit in Kevin Norwood. Norwood marks Alabama's 12 commit with at least 4 stars or higher from Rivals. This is a great sign with Saban having hit the road hard within the past few day. That's right, we have a coach that recruits as opposed to hunting in Arkansas.

No comments: