Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Big Camp Weekend For The Tide


The University of Alabama is set to host its final camp of the summer beginning this Sunday. This camp is not only going to bring into town big time talent with Alabama offers, but one attendee is already an Alabama commit that many wonder if he is fully committed to The Tide.

Trent Richardson will be a spectator at the camp along with fellow commit D.J. Fluker. It has been very well publicized that Richardson's commitment to Alabama could be shaky at best. Richardson, the #3 ranked running back in the nation, commented on his status with Alabama by saying, "There is no doubt that I am strongly committed to Alabama".

There have been many rumors that Richardson was turned off to LSU because of his lack of communication with LSU Coach Les Miles.

"I just felt like Alabama was the place that would suit me best. I had been talking to Coach Miles a lot. I was down there for the spring game then it seemed like we lost touch. We didn't talk at all really. I was talking to Coach Porter but not Coach Miles. I like to get a relationship with the head coach".


I have mixed feelings about the rumors floating around with Richardson. Many probably strongly believe these rumors because of the early announcement of his commitment to Alabama. A player as talented as Richardson usually announces on signing day. Richardson is the #3 ranked running back prospect now, but I believe he will be #1 if he has a healthy season. Richardson could have also had a change of heart when he realized he will not be the feature back after The Tide added Mike Marrow to the 2009 class.

One thing I do know is that it's too early in the recruiting game to know.

Other highly regarded players to be at the camp that currently hold Tide offers, but have not committed anywhere are:
Dre Kirkpatrick
Kendall Kelly
Quinton Washington
De'Antwan Williams
Rueben Randle

1 comment:

Patrick said...

What is coming out of his butt?