Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Save The "Stadium Dog"

It has been announced that Centerplate, Inc., based in Conneticut, will be the new food, beverage and merchandise provider for Bryant-Denny Stadium. Since agreeing to a deal with Crimson Tide Sports Marketing, the company has come in and made some big decisions.

The first decision,which I agree with, is replacing Pepsi with Coke. There is nothing that screams the tradition of Alabama Football like Coca-Cola. Bringing coke back, is like re-applying the numbers to the sides of the helmets after taking them off for years. Besides, I hated to mix my bourbon with Pepsi.

The decision I am almost sick about is the thought of ditching "Stadium Dogs". I feel like stadium dogs a a major contributor to me growing up and being a healthy young man. They have been more essential in my diet than a multi-vitamin. Many people go to the game just to get a "Stadium Dog". This can not happen!!!

Here is an article the Tuscaloosa News write about the potential change: Doing Away With Denny Dogs?!?!

No comments: