Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Goalline Troubles?

A few days ago,I read Bama On-line's report about the first pre-season scrimmage that took play last Saturday (8/09/2008) and there is one part of the report I am having a difficult time getting out of my head. It is the part that goes:

"Terrence Cody has shown progress in the middle. The defense stopped them first and [goal] at the one four straight times with him in the middle knocking them back," Saban said.


This is alarming to me because it reminds me of two years ago when Alabama was almost unable to score in the red zone. Maybe Terrance Cody is that good of a player, but I find it hard to believe that a JUCO Transfer can stop an offense four straight times at the one yard line.

The good news is that this is just the pre-season and this is the time to make mistakes and correct them.

No comments: