Sunday, May 18, 2008

Buckeyes Preseason Number 1?



ESPN recently released an updated preseason Top 25 and it surprised me who they put on top. I understand the reasons why ESPN put Ohio State University (I refuse to put “The” in their title. The only time I will put “The” in their name, is when I call them “The” most over-rated team in “The” most over-rated conference throughout the past two seasons) as college football’s preseason number 1, but I feel like they are the best team out of conference that has been weak the past couple of years.

The Georgia Bulldogs should be the number one team. If history really does repeat itself with Florida and LSU winning the past two National Championships, Georgia should not be number 2 because they have a tough schedule.

The SEC and Big 12 are going to have cases this year that each team in those respective conferences beat up on one another, but those tough games have proven to prepare the past three National Champions. It is time we make Ohio State University earn their place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

agree totally: I don't understand how these teams that continually get pounded in bowl games are year in and year out rated so high in the pre-season.